Thursday, November 30, 2017

Week #14- Article #1- AI

This week I read an article that our professor wrote about Artificial Intelligence, AI. He has been doing research for the past year about it and has gotten some very interesting things that he shared in his article. He gives us three perspectives on how to look at AI. He wants us to adapt to at least one of the three perspectives, they are:
1. Adapt (good): this is where we need to learn more and keep up with the news of AI.
2. Adopt (better): this is where we need to adopt AI and be involved in the management side of AI
3. Adept (best): this is where we need to get directly involved with AI, learn coding and how to work with it. 

I think these perspectives are great because if you don't adapt to AI, you could be blindsided when you happen to lose a job to robots. Crazy things are happening with this and they are happening quickly. He says in his article that within this past year of getting research, so many things have already changed. 



I happen to have a part-time job right now that could be taken over by machines any day now. I am a bank teller, and fortunately enough for me, at the bank that I work at, we haven't switched over to the many new technological advances that have come out, like some other banks have. Usually at a drive-thru at banks now, you don't see the tellers inside anymore. They have a camera outside and it shows you a teller on the other side of it, and they are helping you with your transaction. But they are not the same tellers that are inside of the bank. I'm not completely sure of how it works yet, because the bank that I work at hasn't had this problem yet. 

The other thing that is happening is that they are starting to get rid of tellers all together and they are having people become, Universal Bankers. This really means that a person is a teller and a personal banker. This isn't so much of an AI issue, but it is still a real issue for me. I am not a universal banker, I'm just a part-time teller, so this could really be a problem in the upcoming years. As long as I stay educated about AI like he says to do, then I should be okay for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment