Thursday, October 12, 2017

Week #7- Social Analytics

This week in class we learned about Social Analytics, its learning how to analyze things, such as our Facebook pages we created. We got to learn how to see how many people have "liked" our page and how many people look at our posts. Where the people come from that like our page. It was actually super cool to be able to see all that.

Seeing certain things like this are super helpful to people who are really trying to market things and advertise different products, for me, I'm not too concerned about if a ton of people are liking my page or not. I'm not really trying to sell anything.


In this screenshot of my page, it shows the post that I have made to my page. Then it shows in the orange how many people I have reached. In the light blue it says how many people have clicked on my page and then in the red it shows how many reactions, comments and shares I've gotten. As you can see I'm not doing too hot. But that's okay because my grade doesn't depend on it.

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting to see you learning and applying these important concepts. My company uses multiple digital and social sites to market our company's products (apartments) and we use the analytics to understand the same things you are looking at here. For us, we use Google search terms, keywords and geographic data to help us understand how people are shopping for new apartments and how we need to target our advertising dollars to specifically market to the segment of the on-line population who are most likely to rent from us and more importantly, pay us higher rents. This course is invaluable for college students these days, especially if they choose to go on to a career in marketing. So much more intelligence available compared to what we had 5-10 years ago. Keep the blog and the learning going!

    ReplyDelete