Friday, October 20, 2017

Week #8- Hootsuite- Ch. 7

This week I read a chapter of Introduction to Social Media Marketing and it was about Hootsuite. Hootsuite is a took to help you manage your all your social media accounts in one central location. You can post to multiple accounts by just having this one thing. This is very helpful because once I write a blog, I have to go to each one of my different social media accounts, including: LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, so I can share my blog. Then I always forget if I already posted it on my social media or not. So this would be really helpful for me, who is forgetful sometimes. 

In class on Tuesday we made our own Hootsuite accounts and now we are going through a course to teach us how to use it. Hootsuite makes a lot of YouTube videos to help everyone learn how to use it. They are very user friendly. In the book he takes you step by step on how to use Hootsuite and especially on how to get started. The nice part about Hootsuite is that you can schedule when to post things for you. So in my case this is very helpful because like I previously said, I forget to post to some places and I don't always post a link to my blog every time I write one. So this way I can schedule when I want to have something posted and then it does it for you. How convenient! Hootsuite really helps with people who manage many different profiles. The author of the book, my professor, manages so many different pages on Facebook, so this took, I'm sure, is very helpful for him!


This is a snapshot of someone else's Hootsuite account, just so you can get a glimpse of what it looks like. We haven't gotten that far in our Hootsuite experience, but when we do, I'm sure I will have more to blog about!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment