Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Week #5- Surfing the Tsunami- Ch. 5

This week I also read chapter 5 of Surfing the Tsunami. This is about the second level of the response to AI and this level is to adopt AI. Level 1, adapt, needs to be mastered or at least started before going to level 2. Level 1 was about starting to research AI and reading books and articles about it and just being able to realize that yes this is a thing and it might be happening really soon.

Adopting AI means that you have to accept that yes changes are coming. The changes may effect you and they may not. Some jobs will be lost and some won't. But sometimes, AI is cool and the changes are awesome. Just think about if we didn't have Siri. She is a product of AI. I use her for everything. If I don't know how to spell something, I ask her. If I'm driving and I don't know how to get home, I ask her to take me home. We can use her with the touch of a button or even just saying "Hey Siri". AI is a big part of our lives already, we just don't think of it that way because many people think AI is a bad thing and they don't want to accept it. But in reality AI isn't always a bad thing. It can be really good for us and help us out, just like Siri does. That's why you need to move to the adopt stage of it all and take it on and use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment